Content begins here

Things You Should Know

  • You must submit an application to find out if your children can get CHIP or Medicaid.
  • There is only one application for CHIP, Children’s Medicaid, and CHIP perinatal.
  • You don't need to go to a Medicaid office. You can fax your paperwork or upload documents to
  • Manage your application and check the status of your case at

You Will Need These To Apply

  • Proof of identity - This could include Social Security numbers for children applying for coverage.
  • Proof of citizenship or immigration status - U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization.
  • Proof of money your family gets (income) - Includes paycheck stubs, proof of self-employment income, child support check stub.
  • Proof of what you pay to take care of others (expenses) - Includes receipts or cancelled checks from the person you pay for 1) child or adult care, 2) child support, or 3) alimony.